Coacharya and our Coach Training Programs
What types of coach training programs do you offer?
Coacharya offers coach training programs to qualify for the ACC, PCC and MCC credentials from the International Coaching Federation (ICF), as well as the Board Certified Coach (BCC) credential from the Center for Credentialing Education (CCE) and from EMCC (European Mentoring and Coaching Council).
In what format(s) do you offer the training programs?
Our coach training programs are offered as internet-based virtual programs globally. We also have face-to-face sessions on select dates/locations. A blend of in-person and virtual training is also offered when it suits the logistical needs of participants.
If you’re a corporate wishing to organize training for multiple people in your organization, please contact us.
What is unique about Coacharya?
Coacharya is an ICF-ACTP accredited trainer, the highest level of status offered to coach training firms with 447-hours of content in diverse coaching competencies. Our practice is amongst the largest in the industry with programs delivered by PCC-certified trainers with executive corporate experience. The ACTP evaluation occurs through an independent MCC-certified coach. Additionally, Coacharya’s programs offer credentials from multiple international accreditation bodies.
Our curriculum covers both Western and Eastern methodologies, preparing the coaches we train to work with people from all walks of life and all cultures. Furthermore, we support learners during their training as well as after they complete the program with multiple leadership development webinars.
What is the program schedule?
You can see our full coach training programs schedule here.
Our virtual / online programs meet weekly, using Zoom, for 3 hours at a time. All sessions are “live” – that is, you participate like you would in a classroom, not self-study.
What do your programs cost?
Fees vary for different programs, please contact us for details.
How long do the programs take to complete?
Completion varies based on delivery method. Virtual programs are held for 3 hours each week. Face-to-face programs are normally done over a series of 3-day weekends, with a month or more between sessions.
ACC training program:
- Virtual: 60 hours over 4.5 months, 3 hours each week
- Face-to-face: 3-5 months, depending on available training schedule
- Both formats include observed and mentored coaching by a PCC-credentialed coach
- Learn about our ACC program
PCC training program:
- Virtual 125 hours over 9.5 months, 3 hours each week + mentored evaluation
- Face-to-face: 8-12 months, depending on available training schedule
- Both formats includes observed and mentored coaching by a PCC-credentialed coach, further mentored and evaluated by an MCC-certified coach
- PLEASE NOTE: The overall timeline may be affected by the timely completion of the the mentored evaluation portion. This is a requirement for application to PCC via ACTP
- Learn about our PCC program
MCC training program (virtual only):
- 75 hours over 12 months
- Includes observed and mentored coaching by a MCC-certified coach
- Learn about our MCC program
We also offer a program that allows learners to apply for MCC without any prior training. This program totals 200 hours over 24 months. It includes observed and mentored coaching by a MCC-certified coach.
What do I need to do to apply for a coaching credential?
For ICF credentials, what training paths do you offer?
We train to ICF-PCC credentials through the ACTP route, which allows us to offer ACSTH and CCE hours as well. This means that you can get the following ICF credentials from Coacharya:
- ACC via ACSTH
- PCC via ACSTH
- PCC via ACTP
What are the ICF credentialing requirements?
The following are training hours requirements only. For detailed requirements for all ICF credentials, please take a look at our ICF page.
- ICF-ACC: 60 hours of classroom training with an ICF-approved trainer, which includes 10 hours of mentoring by an ACC-certified coach and 100 hours coaching experience (Learn about our ACC program).
- ICF-PCC: 125 hours of classroom training with an ICF-approved trainer, which includes 10 hours of mentoring by an PCC-certified coach and 500 hours coaching experience (Learn about our PCC program).
- ICF MCC: 200 hours of classroom training with an ICF-approved trainer, which includes 10 hours of mentoring by an MCC-certified coach and 2500 hours coaching experience (Learn about our MCC program).