Coaching should empower coachees to discover themselves, realize their potential and connect with their purpose, with the coach as a creative and supportive partner within this journey. While the nature of a coach’s mindset, emotions and thoughts all have an effect on the coaching relationship, the ‘Being’ of the Coach is the most fundamental aspect of coaching. It defines the quality of the holding space that the coach enables within a coaching partnership, from which possibilities emerge
The ‘Being’ of a human being is intertwined in layers of complex relationships of ego, experience, and the mental-physical-emotional states of an individual. The journey to unravel this can seem daunting and difficult to access within the challenges of daily life. Ontology is an exploration of this nature of ‘Being’ and this program provides a profound yet clear framework to help participants connect to their core selves.
By default, our self-awareness is often limited to that which we know, and that which we are conscious of not knowing. Ontology opens up a hidden window showing us what we unknowingly don’t know about ourselves. It reveals a space that, although unperceived by us, is often silently commanding us: directing our thoughts and influencing our shifting mental, emotional and physical states.
This 125-hour ACTP training program offers a deep journey into this abstract space guided by decades of research from well-known philosophers and ontological experts while aligning with and complementing the coaching competencies specified by the International Coaching Federation and the European Mentoring and Coaching Council. Within this immersion of ontological conversations, the participant will find within themselves enhanced awareness and self-expression.
This course will cover the coaching foundation and competencies necessary for coaching certification, as well as the following areas:
- Ontological concepts and frameworks
- Self-reflection prompts between classes relevant to the session takeaways, customized for each cohort
- Psychological theories that support the coaching foundation to meet ICF & EMCC standards of coaching.
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming in Coaching
- Concepts and application of coaching relevant neuroplasticity theories.
- Systemic coaching approaches
- Self-Coaching techniques
- Personal 1-on-1 coaching to provide support in the ontological process
- An active group platform offering between class support from the trainers and other participants.
Who is this course is for?
Those beginning or continuing their journey in formal coach training who are inspired to deepen the awareness of who they are, how they show up in the world, and how they hold space for others.
When is it available?
- Thursdays at 6:30pm PDT (Fridays at 7am IST / 11:30am AEST)
- Start date – August 27