What is personal branding and why do we need it?
In this webinar, Pallavi Patgaonkar, a professional image consultant, gives us an overview of personal branding along with some practical actions we can take to start forming our own brands. In this video we cover:
- Rules of personal branding (some basics before we build our brand, you may call it hygiene rules)
- What actually is involved in the process of personal branding (the various steps as given below where we will describe each one briefly as an overview)
- What are some of the things the audience can actually start doing The following topics are mentioned in the video as key components of personal branding work:
- Knowing yourself – Self-awareness – laying the foundation for your personal brand – finding your core
- Self-limiting beliefs
- Self Appreciation
- The 3 C’s – Clarity Consistency Constancy
- Words matter
- Appearance / grooming/ Body Language Etiquette & Audiences
- Social media
- Conversations / Small talk/ connections
A full recording of the video is below. We had some internet issues during the session so apologies for lack of image at the start. We’ve edited out some parts that were especially problematic.
About Pallavi Patgaonkar
Pallavi holds Master’s Degree in Science from University of Mumbai. She is a certified Image Management Coach and also a certified assessor for Emotional Quotient (EQ).
With more than decade’s experience in Marketing of International Education, Pallavi now focuses on helping professionals enhance their personal brand through series of “Image Management” interventions, competency enhancement and behavioral skills workshops.
Pallavi is currently partner at “Harmony Consultants”. She has been regularly interviewed on Mumbai Television (Doordarshan) as an expert on “personality development” and her one-hour episodes on Image Management were received extremely well. Pallavi has conducted a series of workshops for diverse Industry sectors like Manufacturing, IT and BPO, BFSI, Telecom and Pharma with leading organizations like Larsen &Toubro, Barclays, Reliance Retail, Audi, John Deere, Teva Pharma, Lupin, Serum Institute, Volkeswagon, FCA, Bajaj Finance, Infinx, Gestamp to name a few. Pallavi also coaches entrepreneurs and ‘C’ level executives in the area of “Personal Brand”.
Pallavi works on the philosophy of helping professionals and entrepreneurs build their own brand in line with their value system and environment. She has been a regular speaker at various Industry Associations, Social Organizations and Educational Institutes like CII, Rotary, NITIE, Pune University and Indian Education Society.
Apart from her professional pursuits, Pallavi is involved with various social causes in the field of education. She currently serves on Advisory Board of “Purva Seema Vikas Pratishthan PSVP” – an organization dedicated to the cause of National Integration through Education and PSVP has done exemplary work in the North East Region of India.