What is peer coaching?
Peer coaching is the exchange of coaching between two individuals. It’s like a normal coaching conversation, but it just so happens that both participants are coaches. Usually, peer coaches will take turns as to who is being coached.
Peer coaching counts as paid coaching hours and may be used as part of a coaching log by someone who is applying for a coaching credential.
Peer Coaching at Coacharya
Everyone enrolled in our coach training programs participates in regular peer coaching and triad sessions with others from their cohort. We also hold open peer coaching sessions where prospective and current coaches can practice or log more hours (see below).
Sign up for Peer Coaching
At Coacharya, we want to bring coaching as far and wide as possible. That’s why our peer coaching program is open to everyone, regardless of whether you’ve trained with us.
We’re currently offering two drop-in peer sessions each week. We will expand this into more sessions as requested by our community. If you’d like to join us, please register for one or both sessions below. Please take note of the peer coaching rules listed below.
Mondays 9am CST (Chicago) /
Mondays 3pm GMT (London) /
Mondays 8:30pm IST (India)
Duration: 2 hours total
Peer Coaching Rules
Joining our peer coaching sessions is free, but you must abide by the rules. If you violate them, Coacharya reserves the right to remove you from accessing peer coaching and other Coacharya resources.
- You must sign the peer coaching agreement. This agreement is valid for any peer coaching sessions you participate in through Coacharya, whether it’s on the dates that we hold drop-in peer coaching sessions or if you arrange them on your own time. Please sign the agreement here before you join a peer coaching session: https://app.hellosign.com/s/5Ui1PIWc
- Needless to say, you must abide by the rules set forth in the peer coaching agreement.
- When you arrive at the peer coaching session, you will be randomly assigned to a partner. If there’s someone attending with whom you’ve done peer coaching before and you want to work with someone else, that’s fine. If there’s someone you specifically want to work with, that’s fine too. Just message the host in the chat room when you arrive.
- You may record the session if both parties agree to do so. There will be a button on your Zoom screen that allows you to request recording of the session to your local machine. The host will approve your request and the session should be recorded on your computer. Coacharya will not have a copy of this recording.
- If you’d like to continue meeting up with the peer coach you’re matched with on your own time, you may exchange contact details and arrange this. Coacharya will not facilitate this, however.
- Sessions are scheduled until the end of 2019. You can attend as many or as few as you like. We will survey participants at the end of the year to see if we should keep the same time or change it. You will then be able to register for sessions for Q1 2020.
- Questions? Click on the little chat circle on the bottom right of your screen and someone from the team will be happy to help. 🙂
Peer Coaching Resources
Need a coaching log? Here’s a template we’ve created. You can download it as an Excel sheet or simply make a copy and use it as a Google Sheet.
Need a refresher on coaching competencies? Download them here.
Not sure what counts as client coaching hours (peer coaching 100% does) for ICF? Here’s a guide for you.
We do a lot of great stuff for our coaching community. Please head over to the resources section of the website for more of what we have to offer.