Join fellow coaches from around the world for (free) biweekly practice sessions. Hone your skills, increase your network and support your fellow coaches.
What is peer coaching?
Peer coaching is the exchange of coaching between two individuals. It’s like a normal coaching conversation, but it just so happens that both participants are coaches. Usually, peer coaches will take turns as to who is being coached.
Peer coaching counts as paid coaching hours and may be used as part of a coaching log by someone who is applying for a coaching credential.
Peer Coaching at Coacharya
Everyone enrolled in our coach training programs participates in regular peer coaching and triad sessions with others from their cohort. We also hold open peer coaching sessions where prospective and current coaches can practice or log more hours (see below).
Are you a coach? Sign up for peer coaching. It’s free!
At Coacharya, we want to bring coaching as far and wide as possible. That’s why our peer coaching program is open to everyone, regardless of whether you’ve trained with us. There’s no cost to participate. If you’re already a coach or your training to become one at Coacharya or somewhere else, please join us. As long as you abide by the rules outlined on this page and in the Peer Coaching Agreement, you are very welcome.
We’re currently offering two drop-in peer sessions each week. We will expand this into more sessions as requested by our community. You can register for one or both time slots below and attend as little or as often as you like. When you register for a certain time slot, you’re registering for the whole series through the end of March, not just one session.
If you have any additional questions, please scroll down to the FAQ section below or click on the chat icon on the lower right of the screen to speak to someone.
Register for Peer Coaching
STEP 1: Sign the Peer Coaching Agreement
STEP 2: Register for one or more recurring sessions below
We may change the timing of the sessions each quarter, hence the date ranges below.
January 13, 2020 – March 31, 2020
Mondays 9am CST (Chicago) /
Mondays 3pm GMT (London) /
Mondays 8:30pm IST (India)
Duration: 2 hours total
January 16, 2020 – March 26, 2020
Thursdays 8:30pm CST (Chicago) /
Fridays 8am IST (India) /
Fridays 1:30pm AEDT (Sydney)
Duration: 2 hours
Peer Coaching Rules
Joining our peer coaching sessions is free, but you must abide by the rules. If you violate them, Coacharya reserves the right to remove you from accessing peer coaching and other Coacharya resources.
- You must sign the peer coaching agreement. This agreement is valid for any peer coaching sessions you participate in through Coacharya, whether it’s on the dates that we hold drop-in peer coaching sessions or if you arrange them on your own time. Please sign the agreement here before you join a peer coaching session: https://app.hellosign.com/s/5Ui1PIWc
- Needless to say, you must abide by the rules set forth in the peer coaching agreement.
- In order to ensure an even experience for all participants, only credentialed coaches or coaches currently enrolled in a coach training program should participate.
- When you arrive at the peer coaching session, you will be randomly assigned to a partner. If there’s someone attending with whom you’ve done peer coaching before and you want to work with someone else, that’s fine. If there’s someone you specifically want to work with, that’s fine too. Just message the host in the chat room when you arrive.
- You may record the session if both parties agree to do so. There will be a button on your Zoom screen that allows you to request recording of the session to your local machine. The host will approve your request and the session should be recorded on your computer. Coacharya will not have a copy of this recording.
- If you’d like to continue meeting up with the peer coach you’re matched with on your own time, you may exchange contact details and arrange this. Coacharya will not facilitate this, however.
- Sessions are scheduled for specific date ranges. You can attend as many or as few as you like. We will survey participants at the end of each quarter to see if we should keep the same time or change it.
- Questions? Scroll down to the FAQ section or click on the little chat circle on the bottom right of your screen and someone from the team will be happy to help. 🙂
Peer Coaching Resources
Need a coaching log? Peer coaching hours count towards your coaching credential requirements. Here’s a template we’ve created. You can download it as an Excel sheet or if you have a Google account, you can make a copy (file –> make a copy) and use it as a Google Sheet.
Not sure what counts as client coaching hours (peer coaching 100% does) for ICF? Here’s a guide for you.
We do a lot of great stuff for the coaching community. Please head over to the resources section of the website for more of what we have to offer. And please share any resources you find useful with your networks. Thank you for your support!
Thank you very much for submitting these questions in our recent survey. If there’s something we missed, please click on the chat bot on the lower right side of the screen and leave us a message with your question.
Q: How many sessions are there?
A: There are two sessions each week. Each session is 2 hours so that should be enough time for a pair of coaches to take turns coaching each other.
Q: How long is each session?
A: It’s 2 hours long
Q: What is the cost?
A: This is a free initiative to support the coaching community.
Q: How are partners selected?
A: It’s a random assignment.
Q: How are the sessions held?
A: Via Zoom. Once you sign the Peer Coaching Agreement and register for the session of your choice, every time you attend Zoom will randomly sort you into breakout rooms. If there’s someone in attendance who you have worked with quite a bit before, just let the moderator know and she will assign you to a new coach.
Q: What language is spoken in peer coaching?
A: Currently, we ask that all coaches speak English. If you get paired with someone and you both speak another language, you’re welcome to use that language – it’s up to you. Just make sure you’re both in agreement as to what you will speak.
Q: Are the sessions moderated / monitored?
A: No. They are private to the two of you in the breakout room only.
Q: Can I get feedback on my coaching?
A: Abosolutely. We can arrange for a mentor coach to attend and provide you mentoring for a fee. You can also join one of our coach training programs, all of which will give you opportunities for detailed feedback on your coaching.
Q: Is there a minimum / maxium number of sessions I have to attend?
A: Nope. Once you register, you’re welcome to attend as little or as much as you like. Just make sure that when you do attend, you abide by the rules and stay for the entirety of the session.
Q: Is there a minimum time commitment in a month/ quarter/ year?
A: No. See above. We may change the schedule from time to time so just be mindful of the date span of the session you’re registering for. Session times in January may be different than session times in May so please double check this page for up to date information.
Q: Can I do multiple sessions with the same peer coach?
A: Sure. That’s up to you. Once you’re matched with someone it’s up to the pair of you to decide if you want to work together again in the future. You’re welcome to exchange contact details and connect at a suitable time for the two of you outside Coacharya’s peer coaching sessions.
Q: Do I coach the same person each time?
A: Usually no. Unless we have a small turnout (it happenned once or twice) and it’s just the two of you there. Also, you can work with the same person if you like (see question above).