We’ve used our coaching know-how to launch a global leadership program for young people 15-25. We’re partnering with schools, organizations and individuals to empower the next generation of world leaders.
Young people these days… are pretty awesome. They’re artists, activists, athletes and quite literally the future of our planet. Why is it, then, that so many young people often don’t feel like they’re being heard? Or worse yet, they’re being heard, but no one is listening and what they say is dismissed. As the largest single demographic on the planet, the 1.8 billion young people deserve a voice. We’re here to help them find it.
Coacharya alumna Leah Black, an experienced youth coach, mentor, and educator has developed an online program for the world’s youth. Our pilot program launched on Oct. 8 and we’re busy developing an on-demand version as well.
Youth Leadership Program Format
There are several components to our Youth Leadership program. The content will be delivered without jargon and in formats that work for diverse global audiences aged 15-25.
- Group training – Cohorts of 12 people each will meet for 90 minutes weekly, via Zoom. This is an interactive training program focused on building skills.
- School groups – Schools from around the world have the option of partnering with us for customized courses delivered in a combination of on-demand and live webinar-style and townhall virtual meetups.
- On-demand self-paced programming – Over time, we will develop a library of free and mobile-friendly modules, available on learn.coacharya.com. This content will cover a wide range of topics applicable to young people.
- Individual and group coaching with specialist, credentialed youth coaches is also available. These sessions can be utilized by parents for their kids, by educators for their classrooms or student groups, and by individuals over 18 for career or life coaching. Pricing will be competitive to ensure the widest access to the largest number of young people.
What We Want To Achieve
This may seem like a tall order, but enabling young people to gain the sorts of skills that we hope to teach them can lead to a lot of good in this world. Here’s our list… for now :).
- Help young people to find their voice to make change in their lives and the lives of others for a secure future.
- Awaken enthusiasm.
- Bridge the generational gap.
- Motivate and empower young people through coaching skills to find solutions to global problems.
- Raise the voice of young people to be heard and taken seriously.
- Help young people embrace individuality, identity and global diversity – finding your ‘you’ and where you ‘belong’ in the world!
- Climb above old ways and elevate into an era of possibility.
- Help young people to connect to their peers, communities and the world as a global citizen to feel they belong and to enable social change.
- Help young people to realise their purpose and potential and to make their ideas a reality.
- Empower and inspire to evoke action.
- Be believed and listened to!
- Teach young people that they can influence social and environmental change effectively and break down oppressive boundaries and barriers.
Imagine standing out from the crowd, being confident, sharing your voice, finding your passions and even leading others to make a positive impact through your presence in the world. Seems exciting, yet scary or even impossible? That’s where Coacharya’s Youth Leadership Program comes in to help.
- Through group discussions, activities and personal reflection we’ll cover topics such as:
- Coaching skills for personal growth
- Finding Your Passions & Purpose
- Exploring Success and Fulfillment
- Gratitude and Acceptance
- Your Values, Beliefs, Authenticity and Identity
- Your Hero’s Journey
- Feeling Fear, Risk Taking and Embracing Change
- Effective Leadership
- Positive Relationship Skills
- Making Your Impact and Enabling Social Change
- Building Your Voice, Self-Esteem and Confidence
- Social and Cultural Awareness
- Your Legacy
- Goal Setting
- And, a guest speaker, tbc, will join in one session to discuss a topic such as meditation, eastern philosophy, ontology or entrepreneurship for example.
A week-by-week e-journal is provided for all participants to complete their personal reflections and homework.
Optional quarterly re-group will also take place to reflect and share on the journey and our challenges, progressions, achievements and future plans.
Want to be trained as a Youth Coach?
We’re starting our first ever Youth Coaching training program in late February. If you’re an experienced coach, join for 30 hours. If you’re starting out, join for 60 and apply for your ACC at completion of the program. Please use the contact form below to express your interest.
Want to support our Youth Leadership Program?
This program has the power to change the world. We’re looking for corporate sponsors, international schools, experienced facilitators and parents who want to enroll their children. If you have expertise or connections that you think would help make this program a global success, please get in touch. We’d love to hear your ideas and see how we can collaborate.