Coacharya offers programs for individuals, groups and teams globally. Let’s work together!
ICF and EMCC accredited coaches
ROI-focused coaching and training
Customized solutions for companies of all sizes
Whether you represent a multi-national corporation or a growing startup, we can help. Some of the frequent reasons companies reach out to Coacharya:
- To help a team achieve their goals
- To further professional development of leaders
- To address a specific issue in the organization
- To certify internal coaches with ICF or EMCC
We’ll work with you on a customized program to help you achieve your goals and overcome your challenges.
A Systemic Process of Coaching in Organizations
The question we started with was, what is the optimal organizational leadership development intervention that will increase performance?
Based on our own and shared experiences of experts in corporate consulting, coaching and training, we found our answer.
The most effective way to bring coaching into organizations is a systemic process aligning individuals with their teams to meet larger organizational stakeholder goals, integrating elements of:
- Process consulting to establish structure & systems as in Edgar Schein’s book Process Consulting Revisited,
- Systemic individual and collective coaching based on Carl Rogers’ On Becoming a Person with added non-directive mentoring of executives,
- Horizontal training of people in task and performance-oriented skills, and Action Learning Projects, which pay back investments in interventions
Companies tend to focus on individual coaching for leaders since it’s more easily understood, trained coaches are available, and it’s well promoted. While individual coaching can create behavioural shifts as needed, used alone (in organizations) it has major drawbacks.
- Leaders do not sustain shifts in unsupportive environments
- Direct evidencing of value to the organization and the team is near impossible
- Expensive as an individual intervention
- Impractical without mentoring, often the invisible gorilla in the room.
Coacharya recommends companies to use trained internal coach mentors for individual coaching, using external coaches for specialized interventions of behavior, and where clients may not be open to working with an internal coach. We train internal coaches and provide external coach mentors for all leadership levels.
Groups are different from teams in that they do not have, and may not be emotionally and cognitively bonded to, common organizational goals. In general, group needs are emotional intelligence based approaches to performance, including behavioral inputs aligned with coaching competencies to support leadership development, including:
- People engagement by building relationships, leading to collaboration
- Performance review & developmental feedback based on contracting outcome
- Aligning organizational vision & culture with strategic mission, actions & goals
Group coaching sessions are usually in cohorts of 10, for 16 hours in 8 weekly 2 hour sessions, with concept delivery, discussions, role plays of work situations, practice and assignments. In addition to addressing individual needs in the sessions, more rigorous intervention can be through selective individual coaching. Group coaching can be a mix of training, facilitation and coaching as a non-directive, horizontal and exploratory process and is best used to communicate and shift culture across the organization.
Team coaching benefits the organization better than just group coaching when executive leadership teams have defined goals, and outcomes can be evidenced as ROI.
Team Building, Action Learning Projects (ALP) & Co-creation of collective team goals based on stakeholder interests are key elements of Coacharya’s proven proprietary SPEED process to build and coach leadership teams.
The Team Coaching approach with ALP is ideal for high potential leaders through a collaborative approach, using principles of Google’s Project Aristotle and Lencioni’s Dysfunctions of Teams, along with Systemic Approach pioneered by Coacharya in collaboration with global leaders in this subject.
International Accreditation in Coaching
Coacharya’s 30-hour coach training programs for organizations can be the pathway to international accreditation with International Coaching federation (ICF) and European Mentoring & Coaching Council (EMCC) on a fast track basis, with additional hours of training and mentoring. Learn more about coach training. Many of our clients choose to include this option as it leads to development of more internal coaches.